WHAT TO EXPECT
Here's what to expect as a patient at St Petersburg Limb and Brace:
We will evaluate your current needs and goals.
We will create a treatment plan for you.
We will discuss the financial requirements with you and work with your insurance company to pre-determine coverage. You will be made aware of what is covered, and what is not, before we begin the fabrication of your device.
We will schedule regular follow up visits to assess how your treatment is going to make sure everything is working to your benefit. It is important to have consistent care and regular follow up appointments so we can address any concerns or issues that may arise.
Our practitioners have decades of experience. We are partners in your care.
As a patient, you and your designated representative, guardian, next of kin or, if a minor, your parent have the following rights:
- To be treated with respect and dignity with sensitivity to your individual needs. Treatment must be provided regardless of your race, religion, and national origin or, in emergencies, your ability to pay.
- All communications and medical records must be kept private. You must give permission for the release of your records for specific purposes in most cases.
- Personal or medical details of your condition and treatment may not be needlessly disclosed to others at any time. In most cases, you must give permission before anyone not directly involved in your case is given information about you.
- To receive a copy of your bill and to know the charges for each service you receive; which charges are billed separately; what your insurance company has been charged and has paid.
- To be told when and where a practitioner will be available before scheduling any treatment. You must also be told what treatment, if any, may be recommended after leaving the office.
Give full information
Follow your practitioner's instructions
Keep all appointments
St Petersburg Limb and Brace accepts Medicare, MediCaid, as well as most other insurance carriers.
Prior authorization is required in order to alert the patient if they have any financial liability before commencing with their device.
We have contracts with the following insurance companies: Aetna
American Medical Solutions, Amerigroup, Beech Street, Capp Care, Community Care Network, Evercare, First Health, Focus Healthcare, Gallagher Bassett, Healthease, Homelink Inc., Humana, Kemper Insurance, Liberty Mutual, Managed Care of America, Medicare, Medicaid, Northwood NPN, Summitt Health Care, Tri Care (Champus), United Health Care, Well Care/Staywell, Zone Care
St Petersburg Limb and Brace is affiliated with the following hospitals: Bayfront Medical Center, St. Anthony's Hospital, St. Petersburg General, Northside, and Palms of Pasadena.